Thursday, September 09, 2004

 
Success

I was going stir-crazy. I was a caged animal--in one of those bad zoos that make you feel sorry for the animal. I couldn't sleep. I could feel energy pulsing through my body and I just couldn't sit still. This is perhaps the longest I've been in KL for one time. Usually I'm traveling every other week.

The energy-running-thru-my-veins happens to me every once in awhile...the last time I remember it was back in December, before I had any friends, when I wasn't really doing anything and feeling directionless. Periods of insomnia. I fixed that by joining Gold's Gym, where I managed to make friends, work out so I was physically tired, and have something to fill my day with.

This time I had another plan and I think it worked. Run away from home.

I left my apartment at 1 pm. Had lunch with human rights lawyer friend. Went to KLCC and joined another old friend I haven't seen lately during his lunch. Went to the bookstore. Read in the food court. Walked to Bukit Bintang (thought the heat might help to tire me out!). Had some tea with a friend and talked. Another friend met us for dinner. We all went to another friend's office and had more tea. Went to Planet Hollywood and danced. Friend of a friend was there. And saw another friend there. Packed for a Wednesday night.

Whew. 3 am now and I'm tired. In a good way. As planned. No staring at the ceiling tonight, lah!

Also determined that monsoon season will be upon us next month, which sort of foils my plans of an East Coast beach holiday with Canadian friend when she's here...Will have to reconsider, though rain (especially storms) on beaches can be nice. If I was spontaneous, I'd pack up and go tomorrow for one last hurrah while I still can...If only.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?