Tuesday, September 07, 2004

 
Massive Mumblings from My Mouth

It's not good when you have a telephone interview and your horoscope says: "Your mouth and brain are at cross-purposes." I am SO inarticulate! Maybe that's what I should have send when asked about traits/qualities I could improve. How do you answer that, anyway? (That is NOT an invitation to tell me what you think my negative qualities are!)

I felt like a beauty queen contestant (though thankfully I never uttered the words "world peace"). I could hear my voice's echo, though the two people on speaker phone interviewing me could not. Hopefully, they'll think my fumblings were because of the bad connection!

I'll find out Friday if I get a second interview--far from the job offer at the end of this conversation I had been hoping for. More details then--this alone may jinx me!

Tomorrow's forecast: Stop mourning your wilder days. Didn't you just paint the town? Even your fiery sign occasionally needs time to rest, regroup and get ready for the next fiesta. Yawning is perfectly acceptable. But I've been stuck at home the past 5 days already--I'm soooooooo bored! (But at least Sex in the City was on tonight.)

Health tip: A spoonful of honey to battle any ailment. According to my Turkish friend, it's the elixir of life. (Though too much 'medicine' may give you a tummy ache!)

Stock market: I could buy my plane ticket home. But I'm reluctant to do so, because then the countdown will have to begin. Without a set date, I can ignore the inevitable departure a bit longer. Da Nile.

Update: My mom is great. After discussing some of the questions (she calls stupid) and my answers, I guess I didn't do half bad. And I realized this was my first real interview!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?