Thursday, September 02, 2004

 
Decide(d)

I used to be pretty terrible at making decisions. I'd hem and haw. But I think I've gotten better over the last couple of years.

Today, heart beating a little faster thinking about possibility, I'm stuck again. Gripped by fear and excitement.

Switch on the radio! Within the first song I hear will be an answer to my dilemma:

"Baby, I like it when it feels this good. You always seem to make me smile.....I know you've got somewhere to go......maybe I'll just wait awhile.....Can't stop thinking about the things we do...."

Thanks, Janet. I suppose the interpretation is Go. Unless I hone in on the "wait awhile" part...But really I'll looking for affirmation. Courage. I haven't felt so alive, awake, nervous, daring about something in a long time.

Another solution: Flip a coin. When you're flipping for a decision about yourself, you can always figure out what you really want. If it turns out one way and you say, best outta 3. Or 5. Or. Or. Or. Then you know.

Wasn't it Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's that said you should do something new everyday? What're those lines?

And my horoscope concurs.

Olala.

Where's my helmet?!


Update: 45 minutes and one Happy Meal later, the pendulum has swung. I walk home singing to myself, "I'm lame, I'm lame, I'm lame, hi ho the dairy-o, I'm lame, I'm lame, I'm lame."

What? You didn't know I'm psycho?

Update to the Update: I'm not lame. But what was all the fuss about?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?