Thursday, August 05, 2004

 
Wild Wild (Mid)West
Now we're talking 'bout "fields of opportunity!"

Both President Bush and Senator John Kerry ended up in Davenport, Iowa this morning as they zigzag across the US. Practically across the street from each other.

During their speeches, there were 3 bank robberies in Davenport. The bandits must have thought they'd catch the police with their hands full with security for the two visitors. Looks like they were right. No suspects have been caught and it appears the three were not connected.

I know they're criminals, but I'm greatly amused by this and kind of feel like they deserve applause for being so smart...

Kerry was in Dubuque, another Iowan town on the Mississippi River, last night. I listened to some of his speech. Though I'm definitely a supporter, I'm already sick of his "American can do better" and "help is on the way" refrains. Not sad that I'll be hiding out during most of the election campaign in Malaysia.

Also realized how annoying TVs are. So loud, invasive and blaring. I think Andi made note of this awhile back. Ugh. I feel like I can still hear the TV from the other side of the house and there's no escape!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?