Tuesday, August 10, 2004

 
I'm not in Malaysia anymore, Toto

--I was about to leave my table at Panera (a sandwich restaurant) when I remembered, oh, I have to clear my tray away on my own! In Malaysia, the workers assigned that task at McDonald's or food courts kind of get irked if you do their job for them.

--Hours after I threw two plastic bottles away at my house, I raced back upstairs to extract them from the trash and put in the recycle bin. In Malaysia and Egypt, no recycling, so I have gotten into the habit of tossing plastic and cans. (Though in Egypt, garbage collectors--who go building to building, door to door, by donkey cart--sort the trash at their homes and things do end up getting recycled.)



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?