Saturday, August 28, 2004

 
Glory, Glory Hallelujah
Sweet, sweet justice

I went out last night to the just-past-new club on the scene, Zouk. Just waiting to get in I could tell it was a different kind of breed that partied here--a richer, trender, hotter breed. And a higher percentage of Chinese! The downfall--house music, not R&B/hiphop or live band.

Anyway, we met up with my friends' friends. I had met one of them before because we used to live in the same apartment building near by Ampang Park. (I didn't remember him...this is constantly happening--people know me, but I don't know them. I think that means I'm Almost Famous!) That was the apartment I shared with that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Australian and his Malaly girlfriend. To recap: he screwed me over because he lied about how much his rent was, so I was paying 75% of his whole rent and subsidizing his portion--and I only had the stinkin' small room! (Though the price he quoted was right for most other apartments in the building, somehow he'd taken over someone else's lease and was paying like half that--I think it was almost like rent-control....) You can read more about it in my archive from February if you care to.

Well, this former neighbor of mine delivered good news: Gavin has been kicked out of the apartment! Mwahahahahaahha. Too many complaints about him, from the manager and other residents. I know I shouldn't be happy about someone else's misfortune, but come on! He deserved it long ago after preying on many an innocent folk like me. I still have his cell phone number; I'm tempted to send him a "haha, serves you right" type message, but I'll refrain.

A song comes to mind: Survivor, by Destiny's Child (thanks Google):

I'm not gon' blast you
On the radio
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gon' lie to
You and your family, oh
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gon' hate on
You in the magazines
(I'm better than that)
I'm not gon' compromise
My Christianity
(I'm better than that)
You know I'm not gon'
Diss you on the internet
'Cause my momma taught me
Better than that

Hahaha. Maybe not.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?