Saturday, June 19, 2004

 
Two annoucements:

1) I got a Fulbright extension, so I'll be staying here in Malaysia till the end of October!

2) I'll be back in the US for a friend's wedding in August. After checking ticket options, I think the best choice is KoreanAir, which means I can have a stopover there on the way back for free! Andi, Ian, and Terri--here I come! Can't wait to see you!


Here's a headline--Thai School Gives Transvestites Own Bathroom--that I noticed.

Yesterday I ran into 5 people that I know while I was out'n about (separately). How is that possible?! I don't know that many people here! This doesn't even happpen to me in Iowa City!

In the US we say that when your nose itches, someone's talking about you. I found out yesterday that in England your ears burn; in Malaysia, you cough; in Austria, you burp.

Now: going to have salad (so hard to get here!) at a friend's restuarant and try to find 'improperly' veiled women to go along with my magazine article. But I'm shy to take pictures--I hate looking like a tourist! And feel awkward because I'll have to be aiming at people. Most likely I'll try to make it appear I'm photographing a street scene or building...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?