Saturday, January 24, 2004

 
January 25th
I've been had!

Revenge: Time to run up the electricity bill...

So, I just had a conversation with Roseanna, this nice woman I've seen in my building a few times. Turns out she's management...and I have found out that Gavin has been screwing me. When I moved in, he told me that rent for the whole place was 3000 RM and so I thought 1100 RM was okay for one room. I had called to ask about rent at other places in the vacinity and there were always that much or more, so I didn't think it was questionable. Well, Roseanna told me that Gavin's paying 1500 RM total for the whole place, NOT 3000 RM. That means that I'm paying 73.3333% of the whole apartment's rent for ONE CRAPPY ROOM! (As consolation, most apartments in the building ARE 3000 RM, same layout, but Gavin took over the rental agreement from some Chinese woman and so the owner hasn't been able to increase the rent yet.) Roseanna didn't want to get in the middle of it--I can understand--but wanted me to know. Turns out everyone else thinks he's a horrible person, too.

I am making plans to move into the new apartment earlier and get out of here as fast as possible. Since he LIED, I should be able to get out of the deal right now without a full month's notice. What a jerk! I'm so angry! And the thing is, I had thought about calling management when I first was considering moving in just because I thought maybe it was unwise to take his word for it...but never got around to it...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?