Friday, December 12, 2003

 
On the Move
December 12, 2003

Yesterday I went to the Egyptian restaurant that I stumbled upon on my first full day here in hopes of making some leads on finding an Arabic tutor. When I go to the site, it was gone! Everything had been cleared out and the owner/waiter man I had spoken with my first time was sitting there as the Coke machine was being carted off. Turns out that he's opened another restaurant in another part of town (much further for me, sadly!). It's lucky I went yesterday, otherwise odds are I would never have figured out there was a new cafe.

I've begun to think about things for next year. The vision had been Africa, but now I'm feeling like South America or Eastern Europe wouldn't be bad. Any suggestions from anyone out there?! LEAVE A COMMENT! CAST YOUR VOTES!

I feel this immense desire to go back to Egypt...but so many other places to visit...what to do, what to do.

Also, looks like the Sabah plans with roommates is questionable--on a waitlist for tickets...Must think of alternative...I was invited to a party in Singapore thrown by Yale alum--they even made a movie trailer advertising the party. If they go to that kind of trouble, the party's bound to be good, right? But that's not the DAY OF Christmas, when there is most potential for the blues to strike...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?